View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by w126
BHD got me thinking about Lenin and the recent recent property rights case, (Kelo v. City of New London) -- so I searched around the 'net and found this:

In a recent Supreme Court decision, Justice John Paul Stevens wrote, "If the peasants sow the fields poorly, they should be helped —and this particularly applies to the poor peasants— by means of collective cultivation of the large estates. There is no other way of helping the poor peasants." Therefore, "The landed estates must be confiscated immediately."

Actually, that was Vladimir Lenin writing in an issue of the communist publication Pravda on June 2, 1917.

This comes from right wing sites, so would have to do some more research for validity.
The full quote of the second paragraph reads

"Actually, that was Vladimir Lenin writing in an issue of the Communist publication Pravda on June 2, 1917. I've compiled a small list of quotes for use in this article, but at times it can be hard to remember who used which ones. It doesn't help that Lenin and Justice Stevens – the oldest member on the court – are roughly the same age. Rest assured that while quotes may be at times confused, no one's beliefs will be misrepresented."

In other words, no Stevens didn't right it.