View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 09:12 PM
Senior Benz fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012
I don't believe I said I thought the girl should have been let go with a stern talking to.

All sorts of studies conclude that the teenage brain is different than an adult brain. Still forming. Teenagers are capable of enormously foolish behavior. I can't buy the idea that keeping this lady in jail for 30 years makes anyone safer. Specially with the boyfriend recanting his story.

Ya'ever heard the phrase the banality of evil? Banal means commonplace, boring. I've read of many instances in courts where council was uninterested or asleep. It frequently gets to the point where police and prosecutors are happy to be done with a case and put the perp in jail.

The main reason this caught my eye was Gov. Wilson in '98 waiting til the 11th hour and 3 quarters to decide that he was going to over-rule her parole. I mean that's cold. A gov. should have people paying attention to that stuff so they can move within a week or two. In this case, the son of the victim was requesting leniency, so it's not like there were family members tearing their garments and insisting that the lady do life.

When a teenager is involved in the taking of a life...I say tough.....as long as that life is lost there is payment to be made. When premeditiated murder is involved I believe there should be manditory capital punishment....regardless of age....

The victims family will never have their family member back....and I have no sympathy for the criminal who had such low regard for others in the first place.

This wasn't an accident......and that makes all the difference.
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche