View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 11:17 AM

thanks for all the replies, folks. i know troubleshooting the ACC can be difficult in a forum setting - and i do appreciate the input from those with a lot more experience that myself. i have the factory manual sections printed out and i have been studying them, which is helpful, but the system is so much more complex that what i am used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph c
windshield fogging is a sign of heater core leak. moisture in the heater box rises to the windshield and on engine start up the heater is in defrost mode until vacuum is built up for heater controls to operate, thus fogging the windshield. just my $ .02 worth. Joe
this sounds very possible. there is a funny smell on startup. it doesn't smell like coolant however, more musty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymr
The white-down setting keeps the AC compressor running all the time. So the system should be always drying the cabin air. Make sure the drain tubes leading out of the car are clear, and if you smell anitfreeze in the vents, there might be a small coolant leak.
where are the drain tubes located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX76513
A common cause of windshield fogging can be a tired vent actuator allowing some cool air to flow through the defrost vents, causing fogging. Should not be a problem come cooler weather
this is plausible also. i do know for sure that the center nozzle flap actuator pod is bad, and to compensate, the PO had the center flap propped open. but you are referring to a different pod, correct?

punkinfair

Last edited by punkinfair; 11-01-2005 at 01:03 PM.