View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdexpert
Azimyth,now that you mention it I also do a lot of the things you mentioned. Probably what gets me into more trouble than anything is that all parts of the used vehicle must function as new.This has cost me mucho $$$ over the years! Don't even want to think of a total $ figure
Here's the way I look at it. I'm buying a used car for a reason.....usually it's a nostalgia thing. They don't make that car model anymore but I still want it to perform as new. So I take the time, buy the parts, and perform the work myself. It becomes a labor of love really, and I get to know the vehicle intimately enough that I have confidence it will not leave me stranded. I just need the patience to learn what I don't know yet.

I like the german cars because the engineering is still superlative even if they are ten or more years old. It's worth the time to semi-restore them. I would not do this to a hyundai.

Forums like the ones found on this site are the mother lode relative to specific knowlege and experiences shared by others. I remember ahving to do resorations BEFORE there was an internet.

Parenthetically, what did you do with the ring?