View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Ignoramus

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathermang
The trick to getting the most for the engine is to have a situation where the buyer can hear it run or do a compression check on it.. whatever he wants... and you have your stuff lined up to jerk it out of the car at that time... someone can drive further (increases your prospective purchasers ) to take a chance on an engine if they only have to make one trip...
Or once they have heard it live, if they want to pay you to bring it to them... make some money on that service if you can....and have a pickup or small trailer to do it....
I've never had the compression tested. I'm afraid that the results may be horrid!

It idles very nicely, acceleration is good, for a 240...but, like I said, it does have blow-by. Maybe it is a s***** car that no one would want and I got tricked into buying...

Also, I do not have an engine hanger, and I do not have the know-how to yank an engine out of a car....my friend Christopher has an engine hanger, though, he isn't using it, either.
My name is Michael, and I am an 18 year old binge-drinkin', cigar-smokin', novel-writin', all around unsavory and unnattractive guy. I tell long-winded stories, and I only shave once a week, although I've had to do it every day since I was 16.