View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 06:36 PM

Of course there's the theory that you have a fine car and should get it fixed properly regardless of cost. But if you really believed this you wouldn't have asked us. I would certainly try to repair it - it might end up looking good, and it's not going to cost that much.

They make plastic fillers for everything. You need to find out what kind of plastic it is. There is no reason not to fill it - you're not putting bondo on metal on a fine car, you're filling plastic with plastic. It's not that hard to do and it's not that hard to get it right. You need cleaner, the smallest sanding block that will do the job, the plastic filler, some 220 and 400 sandpaper, and high fill primer.

If it was me I'd paint it too - not that hard. Get a paint shop to put matching paint in a spray can. Get off the shelf clear and an overspray leveler. Wet sand with 2000 and buff. It's down low - not that critical. If you hate it - take it off and take it to a paint shop. They're going to spray both panels anyway if not the whole lower car. You'll be out 50 bucks and you'll have a blast - or maybe not, but you'll find out.