View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Senior Benz fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by going_postal
I have just upgraded my head unit and speakers in my 300 D, and now I also am looking for more base. I tryed the sub in the trunk, I have a small amp, and with the trunk open, it is fine, but hardly noticable while driving. Darn Mercedes has to much insulation. I was looking at behind the rear seat. I almost never have anyone in the back, and as I remember, there is some room behind the seat back. I had not thought of raising the rear shelve. I had considered the boom tube, but did not want to have it laying in the back seat. I also was looking at putting speakers under the front seats.
there is less space behind that seat than you think, or under the front.......if you find a free air sub you could make a flat deck panel and use the existing hole from the first aid kit.....I will have to cut a second hole for my install (two subs)
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche