View Single Post
  #8  
Old 06-27-2001, 01:20 AM
bstreep bstreep is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 387
BTW, this is a pretty easy DIY project. Like anything else, "next time it'll be a snap". I started on the driver's side thinking that it would be the most difficult. It's actually easier. Both the 17mm bolts can be reached from under the car. I jacked up the engine with a floor jack and a 2 x 6. I could get to everything with the car flat on the floor. When putting the new ones in, they take a little more room than the old one. Put the bottom bolt in first LOOSELY, then the top one. Make SURE the ear on the mount faces out - it's the only way it fits.

I didn't tighten up the drivers side until after I finished the other side, thinking it might be easier. On the passenger side, the top bolt is difficult because of the clearance. A box wrench is necessary. Remove the shield, it's a 10mm bolt. Make sure you torque everything to spec. Maybe that's how the bottom one on the passenger side came up missing...
__________________
Bill Streep
San Antonio
'57 190SL (toy)
'08 S5500 (mine)
'09 CLK550 (wife's)
'06 SLK350 (daughter's)
'11 GLK350 (daughter's)
'03 CLK310 (spare)
Reply With Quote