View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 01:04 PM

From that site :

"The EPA is planning to implement a national rule which will require a license to be able purchase and use automotive finishes. This means the days of doing your own restoration will soon be over.
The main push behind this law is from the Body Shop Assoc. Their argument is, they are forced to comply with all of the EPA regulations and garages and backyard shops are not.Therefor it creates an unfair situation(it's a very good argument). So the EPA has devised this plan to answer their cries. Hobbyist(us) will be forced to have all of their refinishing performed by licensed body shops. "

I am glad that the Body Shop Association was honest in stating its motives.. it is time that all these money motivated laws be taken off the books.
Most regulatory or professional organizations are not out to improve anything other than the pocket books of THEIR members...

As an agricultural person ( farmer ) I am required to take courses in chemicals and the laws which govern them.... and to keep records of what I spray and the conditions at the time... I have no problem with that.... and for the record I use only two... 2-4-d.. the most used hormone in the world... and glycosophate...generic Roundup which has no residual soil activity....

MY COMPLAINT ? City dwellers can go and buy pesticides and herbicides even if they have an IQ of 60 and can't read... and sure don't have to keep any records... and the application of too much fertilizer on yards of city dwellers trying to be greener than their neighbor is a major reason that phosphates were taken out of soaps..... which was the main ingrediant which actually CLEANED stuff...

But do you think anyone of those agencies has any intention of trying to address the overuse and maluse by city dwellers ? There would be an uprising....no, they can require it of us and enforce it... so they do that.. even though they will all agree to the facts I have stated about where the abuses happen.