View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 08:34 PM
Mercedes Benz Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesreen
Hi there, I'm new to this forum, and know nothing about cars, so I would really appreciate some feedback.

I have an '02 C230K Coupe with 61K on it. I took my car in for my first service b 3 months/2,100 miles ago. Last week a mechanic friend of mine told me I needed an oil change and pulled out the dipstick on my c230 and his a4. My oil was this seperated black/transparent black and his was this smooth honey color. I've done a bit of research and while some people say black is bad some people are saying that it's normal on their cars for the oil to be black so I'm confused. I have had some issues with the service dept. at mbaustin and don't want to look like a fool if I take it in and they say that's normal

Also, my cigarette lighter/car charger is not working. I took my phone charger out and when I put it back in, it felt kinda loose and wouldn't turn on. So I put the lighter back in and pressed it to see if it would pop back up, but now it's stuck and it's not heating up.

Hi -
The phone charger blew the fuse for the cig. lighter. Look at your fuse chart and replace the fuse. This happens quite a bit.