View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 10:15 PM

Hi Jack some cars are different when they go to different countries,if you find your fuse box check if you have power on any of the fuse with key out.Than try doing thew same thing with ignition on,(well i know there is no power on the instrument clust but just try it to see if any other fuses get power ...If not it might be possible that your igniion lock or ignition lock gave up.Does it feel easier turning the ignition lock at all?There are fuses and relays for stuff like starting and accesories,but you say everything is dead,it is either like i sayed the ignition lock/cylinder or a ground strap brocke to the battery.Check resistance from the ground cable (of course battery disconected) to a good known ground on the engine or the andd maybe chassis.It could be possible that the ground or possitive cables are rotted throu.You have an older car and it wont have a in line fuse or anything like that that i know of.
I think it is the ignition cylinder shaft brocke and you are spining free in the ignition switch.Try it and let us know Harald