View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Benz Zealot

Exclamation M103 transplant/swap

I recently bought a wrecked '92 300E for its transmission, exhaust and some interior parts, to go into my '91 300E, but I've decided to bring the engine over also .. since it has less miles and seems to be in better condition than the legacy. I'm preparing the donor car 1st to limit the downtime.

I've removed the exhaust, disconnected everything off the trans, vac/fuel lines etc., then I moved over to the "brains" area next to the battery where all the MAS, ECU, OVP wiring is.

My question is this: what wiring on the 124 goes with the engine and what stays? The MAS, ECU and other computer's wiring all conjoin (see pic) and then branch off to different areas. Only one wiring harness emerges out of the firewall and enters the railing across the engine. I would think that is the one I want to take with the swap but since that bundle mates with others that lead to various chassis areas I can't separate it from the bunch.

Hopefully I don't have to cut and splice!!

Anyone who's ever done this job and/or could provide some insight would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by pmizell; 11-21-2005 at 09:40 PM.