View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 08:28 PM

Flex Disc replacement

I just did this twice on my 300ce (1988).

This is the easiest way to do it without the frustration.

(1) If you can acquire some 8-12" drive on ramps, drive front of car up. I prefer to use four (4) Jackstands

(2) Chock right rear wheel with suitable stopping device...remember the engine will be in neutral and the drive shaft will be disconnected

(3) Insert standard Jack on left rear of vehicle to jack the wheel high enough off of the ground to rotate the wheel and driveshaft assy. approx. 1/2"

(4) You will need another scissor to support the rear of the transmission when you remove the bracket/ this also doubles as the rear engine mount for the 1988 300ce

(5) After you are comfortable that the car will not roll off of your ramps and crush you *MAKE SURE THE VEHICLE IS SECURELY CHOCKED*

(6) Release the parking brake and place trans in neutral.

(7) After you start systematically reving the bolts you will be able to rotate the tire to access the next bolt

(8) Replace everthing in opposite order

(9) Post picture of your mangled flex disc for us to view

I hope this help as a suggestion for DIY, and do understand that you are undertaking this repair at your own risk and certifying your own safety requirements are adequate to avoid bodily injury.....

Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Need flex disc help.-orig-flex-disc-1.jpg   Need flex disc help.-original-flex-disc-3.jpg   Need flex disc help.-new-flex-disc-1.jpg   Need flex disc help.-new-flex-disc-2.jpg   Need flex disc help.-new-flexdisc-3.jpg