View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 01:05 AM
Dieselsüchtiger

And the march onward continues.....

We continued today, removing all brake items, disconnecting the A/C lines (doesn't work anyways as the compressor seized, quite a bit of freon was in there though, I vented it prior to separating the hose.... ) Separating those Hoses took SO MUCH effort and lots of Deep Creep. Wshew. We broke the back "input" of the brake fluid reservoir when trying to get it out....wups. Looks like a new one of those will be needed.....yeah. Master cylinder....we're debating replacing it, it worked fine.....but it had some rust on it, and its got to be pretty old. Replace? Have a place inspect/rebuild? Booster came out ok, that pesty 4th nut up behind the cruise amp was a PAIN to get out....grrggg. Bleeding out the brake lines on a frozen floor was no fun either. It did get into the upper 50's in the garage tonight though with all our heating equipment (added another radiator....we're talking over 37,000 watts of heat being used in there between the three heaters.... We also disconnected various vacuum lines (I know which ones are which....) And removed the driver side upper firewall piece. Next procedure will be to remove the central lower firewall/bulkhead. Thaaat will be fun. But once thats out, we're nearly to actually removing the sway bar! Then the fun reinstallation can begin......

As always, here's some pics I snapped after the latest installment in the epic......

We order parts Monday, I don't actually think this project is all that bad, mainly its just annoying....so much stuff to do....
'09 Sprinter 3500 Winnebago View - 62k (OC - 67k)
'13 ML350 Bluetec - 95k - dad's (OC-98k)
'01 SL500 - 103k(km) - dad's (OC-110,000km)
'16 E400 4matic Sedan - 148k - Brothers (OC-155k)