View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Smells like Diesel..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddict
Plain old diesel fuel may be fine if you have access to clean, high-cetane, lubricating diesel fuel. If you do then you are very lucky. MB recommends a minimum cetane of 45. Most US diesel fuel has a cetane of 40. My favorite additive is the Amsoil Cetane Boost and it makes a huge difference in engine noise. As for lubrication I like to use either B5 (5% biodiesel) which is available locally or one of the fuel additives available in any McParts store.

Austin, can you elaborate a bit more on your problem? Did you have waxing problems with your WVO? I checked out that site but there doesn't seem to be a way to buy it (like adding it to a cart).
Da; Sure . I have been using WVO for about 2,000 miles and I have been having to change out fuel filters very often, like 100- 300 miles, due to them getting clogged with black goop and specs; probably algae. I tried using ValveTech biocide and it didn't fix it. ON the first treatment of Starbrite Diesel additive, the filters are completley clear after like 400 miles. This works with enzymes vs pesticides. It also is effective for water in fuel and condensation in tank. I think Perago has used their Tank cleaner and suggested them.
I get it from West Marine which is local to me. If not to you , they have a website,which you should be able to order from. www.westmarine.com

Sold ->

81 300SD -
93 300E w/ 3.2
85 300D-
79 300SD
82 300CD
83 300CD - CA
87 190E 5 spd
87 Porsche 924S

"..I'll take a simple "C" to "G" and feel brand new about it..."