View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Brooklyn,NY

Thanks snp8990 for quick reply

I picked up this car with engine problem. Timing chain guide rails broke( 2 top and 1 inner rail) chain ate 2 rail pins. Than rotor unscrewed somehow and broke distributor cap. Then chain jumped 2 teeth on left side intake cam sproket and in that state guy drove the car home for whole mile on remaining right 4 cylinders making insane noise and smoking oil that escapes through rail pins. Crazy right? Then he tried to start the car and it would not start anymore. So I bought it as a gamble since I didn't know the damage. We replaced broked rails, reset timing, new timing chain tensioner, caps,rotors,wires and car started Amazingly compression readings came out fine 175 to 180 no bent valves. So now trying to fix the rest of problems car has. Clunking noise is 2nd on the list.1st is wiring harness since car stalled 3 times so far. I checked suspension today and there is little play in sway bar links. But I don't think that they make SO much noise. Sounds like shock are loose but car rides very smooth and sits level Its confusing. Are 95 s500 shocks will work on my car since my friend is parting one out? Is there any way to test shocks?

WOW I never seen green s-class!

Thanks

SOLD. 1996 E320 145k ml. Burgundy

SOLD but miss it everyday 1992 500sel Black
Chime buzzer mod,Alpine CD/MP3 player with stock amp,Euro headlights,S600 grill,20" rims, BEST CAR EVER!

SOLD. 1990 300E White
187k ml,smoked tails,Euro headlights,17rims,Intake,12" sub in first aid kit,alarm/autostart,buzzer mod