View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 04:00 AM
I LOVE BRUNETTES

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300SDowner
I live in Kansas City and had been looking for a 300SD Turbo for about two months. I had resigned myself to buying one off of Ebay because there are not many Mercedes in the central part of the country. For what ever reason, it seems they are mostly on the east or west coast. So I was planning on spending around $3000 plus another grand for shipping. I then found a 1984 300SD with a mint body and good interior at an online auction for a local tow yard. I got confused on the date of the auction and was litterally depressed when I found the auction had already taken place and the car had sold for $240. Yes, that's two hundred forty bucks! I was able to sweet talk the auction site and they gave the name of the winning bidder. It took three days of phone calls but I finally found where the car had been moved to. So I had the day off work and drove to a salvage yard. The car was sitting in the middle of total destruction, front end loaders were picking up cars and putting them into the crusher, another front end loader was taking smashed cars and dumping smashed cars onto a trailer to be hauled off and melted down. All of that was taking place within a few feet of the Mercedes. I got ahold of the guy in charge and he agreed to sell me the car for $300 more than what he paid for it. I then got him to agree to drop what he was doing and get his tow truck and haul the car to my house. So... for $700 I got my car and I'm now in the process of restoring it into a Veggie Powered Black Beauty. Can anyone help me find a link to dropping the fuel tank? I want to clean the entire fuel system. I love this site, all advice will be appreciated.

Michael

I've seen a few SDs at auctions here go for $325 and $375.

'85 300SD 245k
'87 300SDL 251k
'90 300SEL 326k

Six others from BMW, GM, and Ford.

Liberty will not descend to a people; a people must raise themselves to liberty.
[/IMG]