View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 10:57 AM

Quick glowplug questions/OM603 (sorry) ...

... sorry for the new thread, since I know there have been numerous on this topic in the past few days ... I simply have some quick questions that I need quick answers for, and figured some of the old threads might not get read:
I've read all the old threads thoroughly and want to go ahead and check my 603's glows ... I'm heading to Advanced Autparts and to the dealership to stake out needed tools/parts and I want to make sure I get or order everything I need. So ...
1) To test the glowplugs, what is the simplist thing I can do to at least get a rough idea if I have an issue? From a previous thread I understand you can do this with a multimeter without even removing the plugs? I'm buying a multimeter anyway, so this would be easy if someone could give me the rundown on that.
2) If I decide to go ahead and replace them, what do I need to prepare for. Removing the intake seems like the road to take, because I don't want to get in a battle with the innards of my car and break something while trying to squeeze around in there. I have no idea how to remove the intake or what tools to use (I might not have the needed tools). What do I need? To remove the intake, I need to remove fuel lines, correct? Do I then have to prime the pump afterwards ... how hard is that and how do I do it?
3) In one of the posts there was a link to a good tutorial for a 603, I think at DieselGiant ... I lost it ... anyone got it on hand?

Again I apologize for the re-post on a well-worn topic. I'd hate to go to the store and return short of something I really need. It's freaking freezing, I'm on a crutch (stress fracture) and I'm trying to be as efficient as possible.
2018 Chevy Cruze diesel, 6-speed manual, satin steel metallic/kalahari--19,000 miles
1982 Peugeot 505 diesel, 4-speed manual, blue/blue, 130,000 miles
1995 S320, black/parchment--34,000 miles (Dad's car)