Thread: Diy Garages
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 09:51 PM
I miss my MBZ

you ask:

Why is it not workable on the civilian side ? Dude, what country do you live in?? - but there is a reason its tough to insure (and turn a profit) - potentially dangerous stuff going on, and potentially untrained/illequipped/stupid people working there. Lawsuits ? I'm sure there'll be some at some point...

I'd imagine (not sure) that its tougher to sue on a military base, and a slightly more limited/educated clientelle....slightly =) (ex-squid/bubblehead, current Air guardsman here =)

Yeah, you need to sign a waiver to get a membership to painterslane (and a $50 fee for 1 year, PLUS fees per hour of use of certain facilities...). I have one of thier waivers on my desk right now, I can scan/copy if you want. The guy starting it is ex-navy, I wish him well. If I ever get up there to powder-coat my bundtcakes, I'll post pics =)

Hopefully, the idea will take off, and that will lead more insurers to get into the mix (money to be made) - it'd give us DIY'ers a lot better places to be...maybe we'd spend less time on the internet...

nah =)

-John
(insert Mercedes here)

Husband, Father, sometimes friend =)