View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 02:04 AM
Klatta Klatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by augusta
Now the problem, when I try to use my heater the auto-low and auto-high buttons will not work until I press the defrost or bi-level button. Once I press either of those buttons, the system works as it was designed.
The Type II ACC (vertical buttons) has a sensor on the bottom of the Servo housing that senses coolant temperature. Its purpose in life is to disable the fan until the coolant temperature has reached 104F (40C) when the system is in heating mode. The system ignores this sensor when DEF or BI-LEV is pressed, and once those buttons are pressed and the system is operating in AUTO-LOW/HIGH the fan will continue to operate regardless of the sensor.

Gotta ask... are you waiting till the coolant reaches 104F?

If you are, it sure sounds like something in that part of the system is fubar.

A quick test for the servo sensor is to connect the two vacuum lines that go to the bottom of the servo. I'm too tired to dig up more references right now, but if that doesn't turn out to be the problem I'll dig it up.

You could always look into this as well The Approach, Evaluation, and Exec. Summary are the only docs that really mean anything (and they could be much better... too bad time says no). Whenever the hardware itself is in a more presentable condition, I will be posting a good bit about it