View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 08:00 AM
dieselarchitect

yeah

that looks as if it has been sitting there for a long time. it looks to have sunk into the ground from freeze thaw. how long? ten years? the front suspension looks as if it might break away from the body/chassis. i would be impressed if it ran. if it runs then it might be good for parts. is the window stuck open? if so it has been sitting there filling with water for god knows how long.

parts only! and only if i knew something worth whatever i paid for it was actually good on the car.

best to keep looking. there are deals out there. i bought a pretty good 240 once that needed filters changed and had a stuck caliper for $1700, changed the caliper and filters and drove it home from ohio (280 miles). my son has that one now. it turned out to be a very nice car.

tom w
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.