View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 10:38 PM
Unregistered Abuser

Quote:
friend of mine made his own to hang up on his wall. Used high density styrofoam and air paint gun.
This summer I installed pergo (love it or hate it), tile, and other misilanious stuff for peoples homes. There was some of that fake rock stuff around a fireplace on somebodys rental home, and the owner asked us to remove them (me accually, after "work")

Turns out that when you punch them, the knuckle imprent is left, although it hurts alot. There were a few "stones" on the wall that were punched up when the last rentor left (said something about not paying... then evicting them.... hence the new flooring )... I punched one to see, and it hurt, but it wasnt very friendly to being hit.... If you have kids, I would use the stuff because if something hits it (read fight happens, and a head gets smashed into it) it gives alot more then stone work...

But if not, if something hits it, you get to replace it... You did save the paint so it matches, right?

Anyways the spray adhesive stuff works ok, but demolition was very easy (putty knife and then thin crowbar) I'd try something else.

~Nate