View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 02:05 AM
Dieselsüchtiger

wow its been a month.....

So a lot of other stuff got in the way but now, one month later we're finally back at it....(christmas break now, lots of free time to finish this up finally)

First off, I bought a ReddyHeater 35,000 btu propane fan forced heater. It works GREAT, it was 75 in the garage in about 10-15 mins! And it kept it toasty the whole evening of working on it. Simply awesome. Makes the work soo much more pleasant.

Today we removed the center firewall section and the last climate hose off the engine, cleaned off some stuff, and took out the blower regulating resistor, also known as the rats nest ignition system. ours is corroded on the bottom where the smallest coils are, so we're thinking about tossing it and getting a new one....no worth in burying one that could fail back in there....

Minor surface rust was located under there, nothing serious at all, some minor sanding and painting and it will be good as new.

We're almost ready to put it on stands/take the wheels off and begin the process of taking the sway bar out....yay! That should happen wednesday or thursday evening or so, sometime in there.

After that its mainly just cleaning it up/painting it all nice, then reassembly begins....thaaat will be fun.

I'll add some pictures and such later....didn't have a chance to take any just yet....but they will come...
'09 Sprinter 3500 Winnebago View - 62k (OC - 67k)
'13 ML350 Bluetec - 95k - dad's (OC-98k)
'01 SL500 - 103k(km) - dad's (OC-110,000km)
'16 E400 4matic Sedan - 148k - Brothers (OC-155k)