View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 09:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh500sl
I have known this girl for a couple of years. We go to the same college. We both enjoy cars and running. After spending some time with her, I feel that I would like to move the relationship to something more serious. How can I convey this to her with out freaking her out. What would be a good Christmas gift for her? Should I send her a romantic card? I really like this girl and I don't want to make a jerk out of my self, but I feel that I need to do something.

Ah! Well, first let me say that the girl I'm dating now I've known as a "friend" for about 1 1/2 years... so know where you're coming from. We're both very into fitness and training, etc., and both live very active lives. What I'm trying to say is that it sounds like the two of you are already on the right track! You share similar interests and that's a GREAT thing!!!

Slowly inch up the amount of time you spend together... then, if you want to get a feel from her about things, say something like. "A friend of mine said we're getting like those two people in, "When Harry Met Sally"..." and then smile or something. See how she responds. Just remember the key golden rule. Women SELDOM, if EVER say what they mean. She may say she isn't interested in "that way" but trust me, if she enjoys your company... sooner or later, she'll come around.

That's the first choice.

The second choice for action is just look at her and say, "You know, sooner or later we're going have to date... we seem to spend soooooo much time together!" -- again, just wait for her reaction! DO NOTHING, she'll tell you!

Good Luck!

Pete