View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 01:58 PM

Wow 4 drums! that quite a load. I have pulled a some inappropriate trailers with my 300sd but if your experience works out without any transmission problems or overheating with the weight of all that liquid encourages me to push the envelope more.
Pulling a 5x8 enclosed trailer full of beach toys in the summer with the AC on made for some real borderline overheating coolant temps. Pulling the same trailer with a 300lb motorcycle in it felt like the car was taking a lot of energy to stay over 65mph.

Next town you have a layover in treat yourself to a nice 12volt transfer pump. Youv'e earned it.

What is the valve for that goes to the small bunghole? is this for clearing oil out of the hose?

I can't imagine that all of that oil won't get you across the country and back. I have dreamed of doing similar. This spring I have a goal of getting to Colorado from Tennessee and back without conventional fueling. It would take over 100gal.
I love these stories. I have thought of making some sort of website that is veggieblog.com or something like that were people can share their big road trip adventures. Too many more important projects need my attention though.