View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 01:27 PM

I have, in my flock of vehicles, a 1984 Toyota pickup that I have nearly driven into it's grave and then restored again..........mechanically. It is an offense to behold, though. I think I'll keep it that way until the next to drive Azimyths end their formative driving experiences. The older Azimyths did fine with it, so the younger ones should enjoy the hallowed tradition too. It's cheap, dependable and I don't care if they donk a mail box or two while learning to manage a machine of it's nature.

While being gutless is an asset which limits youthfully enthusiastic throttle stompage, that truck is a beast off road where real vehicle capabilities are tested. I like to take it up into the mountains to go shooting because the usual trail damage adds character........chicks dig body damage!

to the point, we could provide better vehicles for the offspring. However, after the oldest Azimyth Jr. totaled a nearly new $20,000.00 4x4 Toyota taco while "goofing" around with his friends, I realized that people only value objects for which they must sacrifice.........hence the junker rock crawling rust bucket child humbler.........oh what a feeling