View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloce300DT
You are nuts! Theres nothing more beautiful than the crisp edges, pleating, and posture of a MB factory seat in perfect show room condition,esp. paired with the outlasting MB Tex which looks and feels close enough to leather but wont suck up dirt and wont crackle in the sun. In my opinion MB seats are a simple and elegant design statement. No other car seat looks like an MB seat, or feels like an MB seat. EVEN MB Tex has a very high quality feel... down to the seams, piping, and stitching.

It would probably take some big $ to retro-fit another manufacturers seat into the front of an MB properly if you didnt do it yourself, not to mention the headache of fitting a different rear seat.... what would you do with the rear head rests?
well, I was hoping to complete a few more details before I snapped some pictures, but my original goal last winter was to have replaced my MB seats with something much better. But except for seat track covering and a few minor carpet issues, my project is complete. I'll try to post some pictures here soon. The BMW seats do not look Frankenstein IMHO, but I will take a few shots and let you be the judge.

BTW, most pieces/parts from the old seats are free for the asking if you pay shipping - PM me.

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."

listen, look, .........and duck.