View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 08:16 PM

I should tell you this, that price is a factor as mid-twenties to thirtries price- wise, and I am 6'4" tall and almost as wide. I gained a lot of weight because of the steroids used for treatment. An automatic trans is safer as it is easier for me to use on the bad days, but, I do enjoy a manual. I can't do much of the wrenching myself anymore, so I need to find my MERLIN, with the exotic stuff. No Indy MB or BMW shops up here, Willliams Motorworld, in Lansing, is the closest competent shop but, he is the Factory Authorized Dealer and don't know if he can or wants to do the older V12's and SL's. I have found a local Alma shop, that takes real good care of me and can fix just about anything but, is not set up for the computers and coplexities of a newer BMW or MB or Ferrari.

My thinking so far is an MB V12 in the S or SL, cars. A 400i Ferrari, classic front engined 2+2, or whatever I can fit into with my walker and wheelchair, that I must have these days. I've even thought of doing a Jay Leno like, freshening up of my old '76 Buick Electra 225 w/455V8. It's a boat for sure and is OK to use as is, but I've had it for 30 years. There are so many choices that it boggles what mind I have left.