View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 09:59 AM

Location: Cicero, Hamilton County, Indiana about 30 miles north of downtown Indianapolis
One quart of VO will make a big difference

Regarding MARK M's question about adding one quart of VO, it makes a huge difference. Instantly the engine is smoother and quieter. That is how I first went about using VO. Started by buying new VO by the quart, liked it so much that I lined up a couple places where I could get WVO, and have been running it cold all summer until the middle of October, quit because of dropping temperatures. Of course running cold WVO is so good that I ran it straight, adding only a quart of gasoline to each 5 gallons of WVO. But I get the same smooth quietness running the local Co op biodiesel, which I think is only 1% bio. The 1% bio I think has about the same "feel" as 1 quart of VO in the tank full of diesel

1983 Mercedes W123 240D 4 Speed 285,000 on the road with a 617 turbo, beautiful butter yellow, license plate # 83 240D INDIANA

2003 Jaguar Type X, AWD. beautiful, good mileage,
Mom's car, but I won't let her drive it!