View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Dönerkebap

Eskimo, good of you to speak up, but the general consensus is if you ever want to sleep at night don't buy a greedBay car. eBay is a seller's market not a buyer's. I agree that if you're looking for something special eBay may be the only place you find it, but sellers 8 times out of 10 lie or omit critical details about what they're selling, or merely act dumb. The advice that I have gleaned on this forum is don't buy eBay cars. The words 'russian roulette' come to mind as I have read them in the posts. If you must have an eBay car be sure and inspect it thoroughly. People can sure put the shine on them and digital cameras don't capture rust on the frame rails all that well. A digital camera sure as hell won't capture a bent rod or a spun bearing. These are conditions that will allow the car to run and operate quasi-normally and to the casual car buyer will pass inspection but how would you feel if you got suckered like that? This thread is wholly about one more such incident of not telling the truth/omitting facts and I find it hard to not paint things with a broad brush when I see stuff like that day in day out. It just seems like eBay attracts the wrong social element, the greedy one.
After reading about the trials and tribulations of others I think it best to save yourself the hassle and stay away from eBay cars altogether. Craigslist is a much safer marketplace for cars.
A fool and his money are soon parted, so caveat emptor.
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S 6k
'06 Ducati S2R800 14k(sold)