View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 04:54 PM
Dönerkebap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirebiter
Do a search, eh?
Sorry guys, been there done that- got 17 threads, none particularly useful for the questions I posted. If you have some advice for some better keywords than 'aux pump replacement' then I would gladly accept it. I asked out of last resort. I think it's funny that I get my ass kicked asking a question like this but somebody that ought to know to not start another oil thread can come on here asking about what oil to use or somebody else can ask where to buy valve adjustment wrenches for the 3,000th time and you go all out to help him, and end it with a very nice 'help is what we do here have a nice day'.

"How do you know the pump is the problem if you haven't even looked at it yet?"

I am speculating. I am speculating because I ran a search and all roads lead to 'bad aux pump'; none of the threads that I read offered any other cause. I have ALL the classic symptoms, hence my reasoning for jumping to the conclusion I have. I would be glad to peruse whatever thread leads you to believe that there are alternate causes, because believe me I don't want to buy a new pump @ $180. I do thank you Craig for pointing out where the pump is located. So my CCU is fried, suffering the same exact damage as the one before it. What do you think the cause is? Bad aux pump pulling more than 1.3A? I think it's a safe bet, considering the thing's 20 years old, and I really don't have the time for a lengthy diagnostic, nor do I have the equipment. I have what it takes to solder in a fuse holder and R&R the pump(if I don't have to drain the coolant that is) and CCU but beyond that my capabilities are limited here in NW DC. By the way I'm pre-thinking about this repair, and haven't decided the details of the execution. So I still have the latitude to come to another, cheaper, and more prudent solution if I can get some knowledge somewhere, which I am trying to do. Only solution I have come to is bad aux pump, simple as that.

Look- I realize ganging up on folks on the internet is fun and all but I didn't ask for this. I am truly very sorry for invoking your ire, but I'm beginning to feel persecuted here on the forum. Every thread I start, furthermore all of my posts, are met with an abrasive response. I do my best you know, I have tried to help others and basically my help is ignored and someone can come on and say the same thing and get praised for helping the helpee, I buy my parts from FASTLANE, I say please and thank you; what do I stink or something, you been talking to my ex-girlfriends, what?

Again, fellas- my apologies. Really. The reputation that the shop forum has for being contentious isn't the least bit deserved, and I promise this is the last time you will have to field any more of my ridiculous time-wasting questions as my dumb ass won't be posting here any longer. Happy New Year!
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S 6k
'06 Ducati S2R800 14k(sold)