View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselmania
Sure would be nice if you could get a Ford with a Cummins engine. Ford has had a lot of issues with the 6.0, it scared me off, maybe they've fixed them by now since the 6.0 is in it's 3rd year I believe. I don't think the Dodge chassis and body will hold up as long as the Ford, but the Cummins motor will probably outlast any other. I don't know a lot about the Duratrash...er Duramax but I did hear it's not a truly tried and tested Isuzu like the old Isuzu standards, and also the injectors prone to early failure and very expensive. Just what I heard, don't know how true. Go to www.dieselstop.com to learn all about the Fords. I have an old 83 F250 6.9 with almost 200K, still running great.
Like Oilbrnr said, Ford is calling it quits with that new 6.0L engine. In fact, even in its third year, that engine was so troublesome that it caused Ford's warranty claims rise by $500 million in the first 11 months of 2005. Warranty claims on all other Ford products were actually down for the year, an indication that while Ford is finally getting its reliability right, the model with that engine remains a big pain in the butt.

I wish Ford went through with the plans for a diesel engine for the F-150... 4.5L V8 DOHC 32 Valve Turbodiesel engine with 260HP and 355 ft-lbs of torque while delivering 25+ mpg according to test results. Now that would have been the very best diesel truck in the USA auto market.