View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 10:16 PM
dieselarchitect

now just why do you say

a dodge truck is junk?

i have an 03 cummins six speed with 45k.

lets see. i have had four problems. first i had a tire that went down over about 4 months...would lose 3 or 4 pounds of air. not warrented.

second i had some leaks around some plugs in the head of the engine. warrented.

third i had a spontanious crack in the windshield. not warrented.

fourth i have a problem with the ac that causes it to ice the evap on a very hot humid day. i havent asked them to fix it yet so it prob wont be warrented (36k).

also the factory shocks were JUNK and after three years of looking and waitning i got some very excellent rancho nine way adjustables...absoultely transformed the truck.

what is there there that would be better or warrented on a ford or chebby?

this truck gets worked pretty hard about 2/3 of the time.

just got back from a 3k mile trip pulling my 9000# travel trailer.

so is a ford or chebby better? i dont know about the new ones but i have owned six chebby sububans and one (never again) ford. the chebbys are maybe eaual to the dodge except for the drivetrain which is pretty sad in my experience (compared to the dodge with cummins and six speed).

i also had a durango (bought new) with a 360 magnum. it was ok. tranny was suspect. sold it with 40k on it.

so again, i ask why do you think dodges are junk?

tom w
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.