View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 01:57 PM
BioDiesel Hopeful

I think tint is fine. I think it looks good on any 'modernish' color, like silver, white or black. Debatable on other colors. I do know that my 35% tint (not mirrored or anything) looks great on my silver 300TD. The tint was applied back in the early 90's (I've got the receipt, came with the car), and it looks great even now, clearly a very professional job.

Larger wheels look good too, in some cases. I don't know about 'chrome', but the 16" CLK wheels look good on my wagon. Its a matter of taste, to a certain degree, but these are stock MB wheels, they are painted a silver that is almost a dead match for the Astral Silver on the car, and they don't look freakishly big, just a little bigger than stock, and I think they are totally appropriate.

There are some things that are definately crazy, like spoilers, but other things, like tint, or larger rims, that are just matters of taste. If it doesn't destroy the car's ability to go back to stock condition, then its fine with me. I don't want my 300TD to look exactly like every other one that rolled off the lot, but I don't want to spoil its classic intended look.

peace,
sam

1982 300TD Astral Silver w/ 250k (BIO BNZ)
2001 Aprilia SR50 Corsa Red w/ 5.5k (>100 MPG)