View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 11:52 PM
69 mercedes 220d

housing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdave
I do believe I have oil filter housing and the aluminum part it mounts too of a EURO 220D that is good. I am almost certain I did not turn it in for scrap metal but there is no light where the junk metal pile is located. Tomorrow I will take a look if it is still there you can have it for $1 a pound plus shipping it would be nice to see it live on instead of becoming a Coors can. The EURO cars at least this one had no oil cooler but I am pretty sure that has no affect on the part you need. If you do not hear from me tomorrow, send me a PM, which will send me an email to remind me. I am just swamped and I may drown soon if I don’t get a decent break, Teenage girls if I knew what trouble they could be I would have had a vasectomy even if that meant I had to perform it my self
Dave S
Thanks, Dave. My 220D does have an oil cooler. I haven't looked close at the housing yet, but will tomorrow. This car has proved impossible to overheat and I suspect the oil cooler contributes to this significantly. I'll also look in my FSM and grab a part #.
Ralph