View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 10:16 AM

Newbie with some questions...

Hello!

Recently purchased a 1984 300CD with 99K original miles, the car is in great condition but needs TLC. I am the third owner and know the first two; they’re kind of sort of in the family.

I need to get the following things done and was wondering if anyone can provide input on:

1.Wood trim on glove box is bent and un-glued, where can I get another piece? Are there any MB bone yards in Ct?

2.Antenna won’t go up or down.

3.Passenger side rear view mirror is not securely attached to the door, is it hard to tighten or adjust?

4.The engine mat located under the hood is starting to peel off, material is dry and brittle.

5.Having trouble starting, the amber light (not sure of correct name) does not come on when I first turn key. After first attempt to start engine it fails but the light will work for the other attempts. It is now taking me approximately 5 attempts to start the engine. Once it starts up I have no problems, I assume this can be glow plug related.

I have performed a search on some of these things and have printed out the write ups found, example: How to change Glow Plugs. It’s a great write up with pictures!

What Shop/Repair manual should I purchase?

Thank you for you input.