View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Brandon314159

Hey,

Well I water tested the IC, did some plumbling, and dropped it in for a test run. Had a few other things to do (new oil pan/tidying up some leaks) so got those done as well.

Right now I have a Aux water pump (w126 body and like) that I am using to move water. I have no radiator yet so I just have the water cycle through the pump and back to the IC for now (just to leak check system, etc.)

It seems to work pretty well...I ripped up a local long hill and heat soaked the IC in no time...defintely have to get that radiator on there. Also ripped one of my hoses open later on in the drive (manifold to IC) most likely due to stress from no mounts for the IC yet. I figure once I get it exactly how I want it I will make up some nicer tubes/connectors rather than this aircraft flex stuff I have now (2.5" flex tube with helical wire support). It has no more lag than a non-IC setp (the core is high flow) and seems to be pretty efficent at transferring heat to the water. My main goal here was to not have huge turbo spool up times yet still have a decently sized IC. (thus why I am not using my Ford SVO IC)

The next step (Sunday...my last day of freedom before back to college) is to SOMEHOW get the stock aircleaner to sit in there amass all my other stuff. If I can get it to all fit...someone should give me a thumbs up haha.

I'll snap some photos tomorrow after I get it back in the garage. Its very dirty becuase I made a little visit to the boat ramp (recently flooded) before working on the rig...

A pic of my friends car...I wasn't quite so agressive with the mud:
Attached Thumbnails
w126 Body 300SD Water/Air Intercooler Project-picture-002.jpg