Thread: 90K service
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2001, 12:16 PM
backwoods member

The 90K mile service is about the same as the 30K mile service and the 60K mile service. The intervals of 30K miles are the major service intervals.

You will probably find a reference in one of the owner’s manuals about this, but in short, all fluids (engine, radiator, power steering, power brakes, tyranny, rear end); all the normal wear and tear maintenance items, filters, lube everything that moves, replace gaskets for tyranny pan, valve covers; replace thermostat, spark plugs, rotors, distributor(s) and so on. I’m not sure if tire rotate and re-balance is part of this service. Check for worn hoses and any leaks. Maybe check the o2 sensor and replace if necessary. Check & lube all linkages.

Your dealer can provide you with a check list of the MB service guideline for this service.

I am doing the 60K mile service on my 124 and have acquired about $600 in parts and fluids in preparation. BTW, I bought most of the parts from the FastLane site here and got a nice discount compared to what a dealer charges. The person I’m taking the car to was okay with my buying the parts elsewhere and having him do the install. I gave him veto power if there is a part from a manufacturer that he doesn’t like. Since FastLane provides only premium parts, I doubt this will happen.

'00 ML320 "Casper"
'92 400E "Stella"