View Single Post
Old 07-23-2001, 07:08 PM

Michael & Steve,

Both of you have referred to check valves as a source of possible contribution to my racka-racka.

Michael, is there a service bulletin number or a procedure for this as a reference (sources refer to a part number 119.180.0015 for some $50 & I have the CD's for the 500E). As I understand it, the oil pump check valve is located at the oil pump inside the oil pan which can be accessed by removing the lower oil pan. How complicated is replacing the oil pump check valve?

Steve, is there a service bulletin number or a procedure for this as a reference (sources refer to a part number 116.187.0055 for a $1.00). AS I understand it, the oil filter check valve is at the bottom of the oil filter houseing and is therefore relatively easy to replace. How complicated is operation? Is it in the CD's that I have for the 500E?

We will attempt the easier & less expensive part first and if that fails, proceed to the other.

Thanks for all the advise.

In the meantime, it still runs like a screamer. Last week during a leasure return from Hotlanta, a 5.0 Mustang was taunting us, we finally gave in, nodded, and away we went. At 140, we were able to very very comfortably move over into the left lane. As we slowed, he eventually caught up, nodded, smiled, and we both continued our leasure trip. This is truly an incredible machine.

Mark, by any chance do you have access to the service bulletin number referred to in your post.

Thanks again

Dwight