View Single Post
Old 07-24-2001, 07:01 PM
unband

Tell you what happened to me last week. Well, you know about my star already, but I have another story to tell about idiot parents.

Last week was the USA cup. It's billed as the world's largest soccer tournament with over 17,000 kids playing. Anyway this guy in a conversion van pulls into the space next to me and immediately the side door pops open. This is one of those vans which has a double door on the side. The kid pushes the door open and it hits my mirror. I roll down the window and sternly tell the kid to be careful. The kid looks at me with bewilderment in his eyes and slinks back in. Obviously Dad wonders what's going on so he walks around and asks me what's up and is there any problem. I told him that his kid opened the door right into my side mirror. He looks at it and says that his kid didn't do any damage anyway. At this point I'm pissed and I told him to watch the kids better and that it could have been my door instead. Check out what he said. He said...

"it's not my problem that ya'll drive such a fancy cars."

I was flabbergasted, dumbfounded, tongue tied all at once. I didn't know what to say so I just drove home. Things people say...

Kuan