View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
M/S Science Teacher

Pull your seat as far forward as possible and also use the side handle to raise the seat to its highest position. Now open the backdoor and find the bottom of the seat rail (of the seat you are working on). There is a plastic cover on the end of the seat rail facing the back seat. I had to pry this off in order to get a socket onto the bolt. There is one bolt holding the back of each seat rail down. I presume you already found the two front bolts.

Re: repairing the seat. I fixed my front seat using some old steel fuel line and two pool noodles. I used some short pieces of fuel line to hold the broken ends of the seat spring together. I read a thread where someone went to Lowe's or Home Depot and bought some steel ferrules that would fit on the ends of the springs. I used some old steel gasoline line I got off a junk car. Just cut it about an inch long and stuck it between the two broken pieces of spring. I then took two foam pool noodles and threaded them between the openings in the springs under the seat. I used one entire noodle and most of a second one. The noodles are about 2 to 3 inches in diameter and are about 4 feet long. My seat is now OUTSTANDING to sit and ride on. Very firm and supportive.

At this time of year it may be difficult to find the pool noodles. If your neighbor has a pool, ask if you can get their old ones and buy them a new one in the Spring.

Good Luck.

the triumph of evil requires only that good men stand by and do nothing

13 Audi A3 TDI, the Wife's!
85 190D 5 speed, 195,000 miles
75 Triumph TR 6 w/Toyota 5 speed
2000 Ford F-250 powerstroke
03 Ml500, 109000