View Single Post
Old 07-25-2001, 01:37 PM
unband

Quote:
Originally posted by G-Benz
When someone invents "self-healing" body parts for cars, that may solve this problem.
There is a car like that. It's called a Saturn! Not to be confused with Uranus of course I don't mind when I see a Benz parked in two stalls. Actually I make a lot of jokes and laugh but it really doesn't bother me that ANYONE parks in two stalls. I just go find other parking. In a big city (I live in Minneapolis, a small big city) where parking is at a premium it might be different, but here in the land of Sven and Ole there doesn't seem to be a shortage of parking.

There is something to be said about having something that's yours. Something that you've worked hard for and something which makes you fell proud allover. There was this kid who worked for me and he used to park his $4,000 "brand new" used truck in two stalls. I knew how hard this kid worked and also a little about his personal life. When he bought the truck everyone in the hotel knew it was his. He would walk clear across the parking lot to get to the back door employee entrance. He really loved his truck.

So I totally understand when people park their Kia or Hyundai in two spots. It's their hard earned money so why should I bother unless it really affects me? If they're willing to park on the 5th floor of a multi-story parking garage and walk an extra three minutes then more power to them I say. Me? I need the exercise, but I'm lazy.

kuan