Got this off the MBCA.org forum.
1) Remove the rearview mirror - Hold with both hands and rotate toward you as you sit in the driver's seat. It is spring loaded. It will pop out.
2) Then there are 3 screws holding the mirror base plate on - remove them
3) Next remove the courtesy lamp unit and disconnect.
4) Now remove the sun visor "end" catch (in driver's seat - right) It only was one screw holding it.
5) Remove a "hidden" screw on your left then pull the molding away.
6) Next remove the 2 screws holding the base of the sun visor on.
[Edited by ericdee on 07-26-2001 at 06:17 PM]
Eric, 1983 500 SL