View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 06:49 PM
LarryBible

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozen
Oliver,
Ithink you got a defective rotor.

Duke,
If you say the weights have to be on both flanges of the rim, I will have to disagree with you. Your theory may be correct and scientific, but for all practical purposes weights on one flange are all that is necessary even for folks like me who like to open it up across the Mohave Desert on the way to Vegas. The only person I know who might be concerned with your theory is my neighbor who lives 20 miles away. When he runs his car it is around 600 MPH and he has special tires that are Kevlar rapped.
autozen,

I hope you don't think that I'm trying to be combative about this. I am just trying to show you the difference in static and dynamic balance. For years I got by with static balancing using a bubble balancer. My first 240D in 1977 gave me fits the first time I tried to run wheels balanced on a bubble balancer. That's when I became acquainted with dynamic balance and I am a huge believer. I feel that it is absolutely mandatory on modern cars with nimble suspensions such as the 123 and newer MB cars.

The article explains this well and has diagrams that will help show the difference.

http://www.gsp9700.com/pub/technical/4202T/6GLOS003.cfm

Have a great day,