View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 05:14 PM

Dual Exhaust

You guys might like this, or might think I’m crazy, but I put straight pipe on my car. I did it different then I have ever seen. The exhaust is stock form the turbo to the fitting just after the transmission. Then it is straight to the rear differential. Just before the differential I split the pipe with a "Y" and it goes on ether side of the differential and then straight out to the back. I have dual exhaust at the rear. I think it sounds good and looks nice, I put some chrome tips on there and it doesn’t look bad at all. It is no where near as loud or as raspy as the guy in the video. It sounds like a big rig... only not so loud. I like the sound. At high RPM while driving all you can here is air moving... I love the turbo sound.

The only part that you might think is bad is the fact that I build the exhaust myself... and I don't have a pipe bender, so I cut and welded wedges to make the bends I needed to have the pipe come out the same on ether side. It may not look great, but I think it looks cool.