View Single Post
Old 08-03-2001, 05:57 PM
Another View. . .

This Is Worth Looking Into...

I just got off of the phone after speaking with a customer service representative at Evans Cooling Systems. If anyone has specific questions they need answered, they can also call them at 1-888-990-2665.

Here's what I found out. Evans makes the only true engine coolant aside from water available anywhere. Their coolant replaces the antifreeze/coolant AND the water in your cooling system. Their original product, NPG was designed for use in race cars and specialty market applications, and was supposed to be best used with their hybrid radiators and water pumps, but I have also spoken to at least two race teams that use the stuff with out any mods at all.

But Evans now makes a product for general use, called NPG+, that will work in any vehicle without any modifications other than to replace the radiator cap with a 7Lb. pressure cap. The product will transition just like what you currently use, will heat efficiently in the wintertime allowing proper climate control operation, and has only one drawback that I could see, and that was initial cost. But when you consider that this product will go an almost unbelieveable 500,000 mles without a change, the cost of $25 a gallon is negligible compared to $10 for two gallons of crudstone every 15,000 miles.

Go to their website and check out the benefits that this stuff has to offer. I'm seriously thinking about converting over for good.

Scott Longston
Northern California Wine Country...
"Turbos whistle, grapes wine..."