View Single Post
Old 08-04-2001, 03:23 AM
wyoo

Question educate me on suspension

Okay, here is my problem. I have a 94 E420 with 17" rims with 225/45 tires. I also have Eibach springs (don't know the model #) that lower the car (by 1-2 inches?)

The other day, I noticed that the front passenger side is lower than the driver side. By this, I mean that the gap between the top of the tire and the fender is smaller on the passenger side (about 2 inches) than the driver side (about 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 inches).

Lately, I've also noticing that when I cruise at 60-65 mph, my streering shakes a little.

I don't know too much about suspensions, springs, etc. What could be the cause for the uneven level of suspension? Could this be the reason for the shake of the steering? I have the original springs. Would chaning the springs back to the original help this problem?

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about suspensions in general and the modifications were made by the previous owner, I don't know the exact current set up, but I believe only the springs were changed to Eibach and the rims are 17"

Please educate me on this topic.
Thanks