View Single Post
Old 08-06-2001, 01:21 PM
Retired Webmaster
Re: Dealer Parts or Not?

Originally posted by Veece
When he went to install them he gave me a hard time saying only to bring him parts the MB dealer from now on or don't suppy parts otherwise. Are dealer parts the only way to go?
The springs you bought on FastLane Order# 860 were part# L5000-73076. Those are not OE Mercedes springs but, they are excellent springs. They are manufactured in Sweden by Lesjofors ( ). Lesjofors makes OE springs for Rolls Royce, Saab, Volvo and several industrial applications.

We can certainly supply OE springs directly from Mercedes in PartsShop but, I doubt you will ever notice the difference. The OE springs list for $153 each. The springs you bought in FastLane were about 1/3 of that. You saved about $200 total. Not bad!

In general, shops DO NOT like to install customer supplied parts. Parts are a major source for profit at any shop. Also, there is always the potential for a problem and a resulting dispute over the cause...was it a bad part or a bad install? Shops don't like to put themselves in that situation.
Bill Wood - Retired Webmaster
My Personal Website
1998 Mercedes E430
2010 Toyota Sequoia
My Photo Albums