View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckingfuts
picture a guy with a mullet not being able to stop on an icy road. "but that supercharger looks real cool coming out the top of the hood."
I have a b*tchin Camaro (1979 Z-28, 385") and I don't have a mullet. Well, actually I do have a mullet wig that I wore with my Skynyrd shirt for Halloween. That was fun.

But back to the fast cars. I think they are fun to a certain point. There is nothing like like the rush you get from being thrown back in your seat. Is it safe/practical? No, but thats not the intent of the car.

It pointless to make the 617 fast because its not so much the exhaust, intake, or what ever that is limiting you. I believe that its the 3 (is it 4?) holes in the prechamber that all the gasses must pass through. They designed the engine to preform at a certain output, and never intended to vary the engine outputs and caracteristics like they did for a small block Chevy. You could try drilling these holes out, but then the ball at the end of the prechamber will not be able to transfer heat as well and end up bouncing around in your cylinder like beans in a maracca. You can just cut the ball of and then it would have a similar effect as pointing an acetilene torch at your piston crown.

My 3 modification suggestions? Euro lights, heated veg system, and CD player.