View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton
If it's leaking into the intake side (most likely), then you can pull the crossover tube and the riser from the turbo. It will be wet with oil. With consumption at 1 quart per 1000, the oil won't be that obvious.......maybe a light coating. It's difficult to separate oil consumption by the turbo and normal blowby oil from the crankcase on the 603 because they both originate from the same place. But, if you have very low blowby, and you have oil residue in the crossover and the turbo outlet, I'd bet a dollar that the turbo seals are the culprit. My '86 has this issue right now........consumption at about 1 quart every 2K. This one shows signs of oil residue on the turbo and the external tube from the turbo.

The engine originated in 1990 and had problems right through '93 IIRC. So, it's not possible that the engine came from the factory with updated rods.
I have no indication of blow-by when I remove the oil filler cap with the engine running. If my oil consumption is going thru the turbo is it ok to just leave it alone? It hasn't bothered me for 10 years.

Thank you.

Last edited by ezrider; 02-17-2006 at 03:49 PM.